The BTFC Art Meets Business Initiative was an idea that sprung up in a discussion between ten BTFC directors. These directors decided to team up to shoot pro bono commercials for minority-owned small business and organizations in our communities. We know that for many institutions video advertising and marketing can be extremely cost prohibitive. This initiative helps change that.
In the program, selected businesses will receive a finished video ad and/or promotional material to upload on social media and/or air on broadcast and cable television. BTFC will provide a creative team that will generate content from inception to final product. This team will be responsible for writing, planning, production, post-production and final content delivery.
As an organization and as artists we encourage the use of our gifts and talents to strengthen our communities, and help combat the many negative social, economic and political forces currently at play. It is our hope that the work will have a very real and measurable impact.
The Black TV & Film Collective is a leader in NYC for attracting, engaging and creating opportunities for talented storytellers of color in the fields of television, film and digital entertainment.
Overview of the Program
- Six (6) businesses will be selected annually through an application process
- Provide at-cost/low cost content marketing and promotional material
- The creative team (writer/director/producer) provides pro bono work
- Basic camera package, lighting package and editing suite – free of charge
- BTFC will helm the project from conception to completion to deliverables
- Selected businesses will bear all costs outside the pro bono creative team, the basic camera and lens packages and the basic editing suite. Cost may include, but not limited to craft services, equipment package upgrade, locations permit, delivery media, and talent
The Black TV & Film Collective a 501c3 organization that operates as a NYC film collective. In our work, we support all artists of color including but not limited to black filmmakers. We are a collaborative platform that represents diversity in film and supports inclusion in Hollywood and TV. Our professional network of New York City filmmakers gives knowledge to those who want to learn how to produce film, how to make a web series, how to budget film projects and more. We host NYC film workshops that welcome a variety of experience levels from first time filmmakers who are either students in film school or to notables within the television and film industry. See how you can make a difference in the world of cinema by becoming a member of our NYC film collective.