The BTFC Art Meets Business Initiative
The BTFC Art Meets Business Initiative was an idea that sprung up in a discussion among ten BTFC directors. These directors decided to team up to shoot pro bono commercials for minority owned businesses and organizations in our communities. We know that for many community institutions content marketing can be extremely cost prohibitive. This initiative helps change that.
In the program, selected businesses will receive a video advertisement to upload on social media and/or air on broadcast and cable television. BTFC will provide a creative team that will generate content from inception to final product. This team will be responsible for writing, planning, production, post-production and final content delivery.
As an organization and as artists we encourage the use of our gifts and talents to strengthen our communities, and help combat many negative social, economic and political forces currently at play. It is our hope that the work will have a very real and measurable impact.
Overview of the Program
- Provide at-cost/low cost content marketing and promotional material
- The creative team (writer/director/producer) provides pro bono work
- Basic camera package, lighting package and editing suite – free of charge
- BTFC and < partnering organization > will create selection criteria
- Six (6) businesses will be selected annually through an application process
- BTFC will helm the project from conception to completion to deliverables
- Selected businesses will bear all costs outside the pro bono creative team, the basic camera and lens packages and the basic editing suite. Cost may include, but not limited to craft services, equipment package upgrade, locations permit, delivery media, and talent
About the Black TV & Film Collective
The Black TV & Film Collective is a 501c3 organization whose sole mission is the equitable and inclusive representation of people of color both in front of and behind the lens in television, film and digital entertainment. Toward that end, we focus on three key areas: professional development, relationship building and production support.
We are a leader in NYC for attracting talented storytellers of color seeking an engaging and supportive community and to date have over 1200 members.