Current BTFC Job Opportunities
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Part-time)
Are you passionate about the film & TV business? Do you enjoy engaging with creative people and believe stories by and for Black people are important? Does the prospect of supporting Black and Brown artists who are moving projects through the development and production pipeline excite you? Do you want to see your talents making a meaningful impact on changing the world? If this is you, please bring your innovative spirit, go-getter attitude and program management skills to our team!
The Black TV & Film Collective is 501(c) 3 non-profit development and production hub for Black and African Descent artists wishing to create financially sustainable careers in the fields of television, film and digital entertainment. We currently serve a community of over 1400 members and offer support in the following key areas: production support, relationship building and professional development.
THE ROLE EXPLAINED
This part-time remote role will be responsible for growing membership and overseeing the successful execution of member events and their required promotion. This role also provides support to the BTFC Board as needed for organizational and programming related growth of the organization.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE:
- Experience in community building and/or non-profit management
- Comfort in managing a remote team of 2-4 people, including volunteers and interns
- Some customer service experience and the ability to problem solve member related questions
- Strong knowledge of major social media platforms including (but not limited to) Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Clubhouse and LinkedIn
- Proficiency in Google Business Products, Microsoft Office Products and WordPress
THE SKILLS & MINDSET YOU BRING:
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Previous experience running and/or establishing systems to support consistent communication with BTFC members, volunteers and other support staff
- Ability to source and hire interns and vendors as needed to support our events programming
- Must be a quick learner, able to take the reins on a project with limited guidance
- Entrepreneurial mentality, bold in thinking and action
- High-energy and hard-working, with a positive team-player attitude
- Enjoy the energy and environment of a small organization and are excited to join a company in the early stages of growth
THE VALUE YOU’LL DELIVER:
- Creating and managing production and event programming calendars
- Regularly meetings with Pt. Membership Coordinator and interns to oversee member communication and event promotion
- Recruit and work with volunteers, hire interns and vendors as needed
- Encourage conversation and build community among membership body and on social media channels
- Maintain a knowledge base of frequently asked questions so we can update our membership and other FAQ as necessary.
PAY: This is a part-time role with a min of 20 hours per week, $25 / hour. Serious inquiries only. Please send resume and cover letter to jobs / at / blacktvfilmcollective dot org.