In 2020, the Black TV & Film Collective will select up to 10 narrative producers to actively support and engage as they take their projects through the critical development phase, including production of a proof of concept. Along the way, we’ll introduce you to industry leaders and experts, as they offer access and mentorship on how to attract the necessary human and financial capital to complete your feature.
As with everything we do, the aim of this lab is to aid our members in achieving their professional goals. With our Collective based approach, this circle of experienced producers and allies are here to help you achieve success.
We want to see you win. That’s what we’re here for.
Days and Time:
Every second and fourth Tuesday of the month from Oct through Dec. Afterwards, ongoing as necessary depending on the project.
OBJECTIVES / GOALS
Throughout the course of the fellowship, we will work with all fellows to create a well developed narrative film project ready for financing including:
– Strong pitch materials, development timeline and key attachments
– Production schedule and budget
– Professionally polished, produced proof of concept
– Financing strategy
Followed by assistance in scheduling meetings with financiers.
– BTFC membership at the Advanced Membership support level
– At least three producing credits (from associate to producer)
– A well written narrative script: feature film
– A well written proof of concept short film script (will be requested in round two)
– An outline of a production plan (will be requested in round two)
– Previous work samples for both you and the project director
– Availability to commit to bi-weekly Producer’s Circle meetings starting in Fall of 2020 **
– Commitment to the completion of deadlines within the program **
– A signed Rising Artist Release Form for each applicant (producing partners are permitted) ***
**As commitment is a vital component of success, repeatedly missing meetings / deadlines will result in being asked to leave the program.
***DOWNLOAD RELEASE FORM HERE (MUST BE SIGNED AND UPLOADED WITH APPLICATION):
– All participants must be able to commit for the mandatory bi-weekly meetings starting in October
– All participants must be able to meet specified deadlines for group and individual work
– Completion of work assigned during the off weeks
– Lead producers may NOT be the writer OR director of the project
– Both lead producer and director must have work samples
– Producer must have legally optioned the narrative screenplay
ABOUT THE BLACK TV & FILM COLLECTIVE